Dominican immigration – Visa-free access to 140 countries
Belonging to the Caribbean, the island nation of Dominica (also known as the Commonwealth of Dominica) is a country famous for its large lands with extremely harmonious nature. Unlike the Dominican Republic, the island nation of Dominica is also known as the nature island of the Caribbean. Besides, in Dominica, the tourism and export service industries are extremely developed. Therefore, Dominica is a destination that foreign investors are very interested in.
In 1993, Dominica’s citizenship by investment program was introduced as a quick, simple, and beneficial naturalization program for families. With an investment as low as 100,000 USD, this is the world’s lowest-cost rapid naturalization program.
Advantages of settling in Dominica
The Dominican immigration program allows investors to live in Dominica, only paying personal income tax arising in this country. Moreover, in Dominica, citizens enjoy preferential tax rates, exempt from foreign income tax, property taxes, gifts, inheritance, capital gains. When immigrating to Dominica, citizens will be exempted from tuition fees up to high school as well as medical expenses if they go to a public hospital.
In addition, when investing in Dominica, investors will receive many benefits as follows:
- Have the right to keep dual nationality. Dominica’s citizenship is permanent, not revoked (unless the holder wishes to give it up).
- Visa-free access to 140 countries and territories, including the European Union, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong…
- Youth military service is not required.
- Full rights to live and work in Dominica but not required to stay. Dominican citizens have the right to live anywhere.
- A registered address in Dominica is not required to apply for a passport renewal when the passport is empty or expired (passport validity is 10 years). Passports can be re-issued at any Dominican consulate in any country.
2 ways to invest and naturalize in Dominica
The Economic Diversification Fund (EDF): Contribution to the national financial fund
This option involves a one-time, non-refundable contribution to the Dominican government. Starting at $100,000.
In the past, investor contributions to EDF have helped Dominica better support its community with national development and critical infrastructure projects.
- Main applicant: 100,000 USD
- Spouse: 50,000 USD
- Applicant’s siblings or spouse’s siblings: 50,000 USD
- Dependents (excluding spouse and siblings), age 18-25: 25,000 USD
- Main applicant with spouse and two dependents (excluding siblings): 175,000 USD
Investment in real estate projects approved by the government
The second way to obtain Dominican citizenship is by investing in a real estate project under government approval. With an investment of USD 200,000, investors have the opportunity to own a part of the country’s leading projects that are being developed by the government.
In fact, in Dominica, as in other countries in the Caribbean, tourism, and tourism real estate is flourishing. The world’s leading brands such as Hilton’s Curio, Marriott, Kempinski present here are creating many investment opportunities.
The investor needs to maintain the property for 3 years after obtaining the Dominican passport. After 3 years, the investor can sell the property without having a domicile in Dominica without affecting citizenship benefits.
Requirements to join the program
- Age of 18 and above, clean judicial record, good health and no infectious disease.
- The main applicant needs to work with an official organization called the Authorized Agent of Dominica to expedite the naturalization.
- Not a citizen of Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria.
Dominican immigration is a perfect choice for investors who want to develop in foreign markets. Especially in recent years, foreign real estate investment is extremely developed and has many conveniences.
To learn more about the Dominican immigration program as well as other immigration programs, please contact us at Portico & Bridge. We are happy to assist you. Call us now at 0909.898.758
At PORTICO & BRIDGE, “Your Children We Care”.