EB-5 INVESTMENT PROGRAM BACK TO 500,000 USD
This can be seen as a rare and unprecedented opportunity when the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. allows investors to participate with a previous investment – $ 500,000.
On June 22, 2021, the US federal court for the district of North Carolina ruled that the head of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) under President Trump – Kevin McAleenan – was not appointed due process. This means that the regulations signed by Kevin McAleenan effective November 21, 2019, will be invalid. Thus, the investment level of EB-5 through the regional center will be about $ 500,000 according to the old law.
What should investors do?
With the $900,000 level returning to $500,000, investors can apply now. However, there are many points that investors need to keep in mind:
- USCIS or DHS can appeal the decision of the North Carolina District Court and it will take some time for the case to be final. If the case is won, the investor may no longer be able to invest at $500,000.
- In case the investor is too hasty to prepare the application file and transfer the investment money in the wrong way, the application is also at risk of being rejected.
- USCIS’s latest announcement is that the rules will apply before November 21, 2019. However, USCIS has not released any specific instructions, so there is no guarantee that a $500,000 application will be approved.
- This is an unprecedented event, so the risk is great.
Advice from Portico & Bridge
- The application should NOT be submitted until there is an official notice from USCIS.
- Investors can take advantage of this time to prepare documents. If there is an opportunity to submit documents, submit them as soon as possible. This opportunity may arise if DHS does not appeal and approve the Court’s decision, or if USCIS is slow to pass new legislation. That is, this is the time when investors can invest with the old level of 500,000 USD before there are other developments. However, investors need to consider it carefully.
Portico & Bridge is an immigration consultant with many years of experience in US immigration. Our team of more than 50 professionals worldwide is happy to assist you. Call us now at 0909.898.758.
At Portico & Bridge. “Your Children We Care”.
- The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa Program allows investors to obtain U.S. permanent residency (Green Card). EB-5 requires the investor to create and maintain ten full-time jobs.
- Investors can make and manage the investment themselves through a program called EB-5 Direct. However, the majority of investors choose to invest through a Regional Center. A reputable Regional Center helps reduce the risk of obtaining a Green Card and the return of investment for investors.
- The required prior investment is $900,000 in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA) and $1.8 million outside of a TEA. A recent ruling by the US federal court for the district of North Carolina changed this, with investments of $500,000 and $1 million, respectively.