EUROZONE – THE BIGGEST ECONOMIC MARKET IN EUROPE
The Eurozone is also known as the Euro Area. It is an economic area that includes all the countries of the European Union that have used the Euro as their national currency. The euro area is one of the largest economic regions in the world. Euro is considered one of the most liquid currencies when compared to other countries.
Euro Area (Eurozone)
The Euro Area includes 19 EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain.
– Population: 345.50 million people
– Currency: Euro
– Date of establishment: 01/01/1999
The currency of the Euro Area continues to evolve. Moreover, the Eurozone occupies an important place in the reserves of many central banks around the world.
Malta and Portugal are two countries in the Eurozone that investors are always looking for and heading towards this market because of favorable geographical conditions, outstanding economic development, and the policies on education and health here.
Benefits of settling in countries in the Eurozone
The Euro Area brings many great benefits to the member states with the developed economy and the best support policies.
Convenience and reduced transaction costs
With a single currency, there are no costs associated with changing currencies between countries in the Eurozone. This will benefit investors and companies doing business in the Euro Area.
Best of all, sharing the Euro makes traveling to those countries more convenient and less expensive. Besides this will also help to simplify activities in life, such as study, work or live abroad. More convenient, as a citizen in Malta, investors can live and use the currency in any country in the Eurozone.
Job opportunities increase
By linking countries to form the world’s largest trading bloc, besides creating a single market for Europe, the Eurozone is successful in achieving its goal of creating many jobs for its residents. The Euro has enhanced European integration allowing those living in the Eurozone to gain from this huge market.
Ensure economic stability
The Euro Area economy benefits from prudent and safe management. EU economic and financial rules, including the Stability and Growth Pact, promote economic stability and growth.
The Euro strengthens the interests of Europe’s largest single market along with trade policy and political cooperation, thus it is an integral part of the economy, society and politics of the European Union.
Programs for immigration in the Eurozone countries
Malta Permanent Residence Program (MPRP)
- Benefits of the program
– Freedom to travel in Malta and within the Eurozone;
– Freedom to use of public health services;
– Children are exempted from tuition at public schools from primary to high school, enjoy the same university tuition fees as natives;
– Settle in Malta for 4 generations;
– Passport allows travel to 166 countries without a visa;
- Requirements of Maltese immigration program:
– Citizens who do not belong to the European Union or the European Economic Area.
– At least 18 years old, clean judicial record.
– Valid passport.
– Have enough proof of stable income, buy health insurance for the whole family.
Official information about the Malta Permanent Residence Program (MPRP), investors can see more HERE
Portuguese Investment Immigration Program (Golden Visa)
- Program’s benefits:
The Golden Visa program, introduced by the Portuguese government, is for non-EU citizens who want to apply for a permanent residence card by investment.
Accordingly, investors will enjoy the following benefits:
– Immigrate, live, work as well as enjoy social benefits like native citizens.
– Free movement within the Eurozone without a visa.
– Preferential tax policy (no double taxation, no tax on property owned outside Portugal).
– Get permanent residency for 3 generations of the family.
- Conditions of the Golden Visa program:
– Be a non-EU citizen, at the age of 18 and above.
– Have a clean judicial record.
– Have health insurance.
– Invest in one or more new properties worth €500,000 and maintain for 5 years, or invest in old property (over 30 years old, located in a priority area) worth €350,000 and maintained for 5 years.
– The applicant must come to Portugal for a mandatory stay of 07 days in the first year and 14 days every 2 subsequent years.
By investing in Eurozone countries, investors will receive the same benefits as European citizens with the social security support policies only for foreigners residing here.
Portico & Bridge is a leading European immigration consultant, with more than 35 years of experience and a team of more than 50 professionals worldwide. For more information about the programs, please contact Portico & Bridge for detailed support.
Call us now at 0909.898.758
At PORTICO & BRIDGE, “Your Children, We Care”.