IMMIGRATION IN PORTUGAL BY GOLDEN VISA PROGRAM 2021
Portuguese immigration is a topic of interest to Vietnamese people because Portugal is a member state of the European Union (EU), has a strong developed economy, good quality of life, and security leading society in the world. When immigrating to Portugal, your family will have free access to high-quality healthcare and travel freely in European countries… Especially, your children will enjoy the most developed education in the world.
Immigration in Portugal by golden visa program 2021
Among the ways to immigrate to Portugal, the Golden Visa program is considered the simplest and most convenient way for foreign investors to get European residency. This program will open the door to Portuguese immigration for investors, legal spouses, children (no age limit if unmarried and still financially dependent), parents, and siblings of the investor.
The advantage of the Portuguese Golden Visa program is that the program has simple and flexible requirements. Investors will get a Permanent Resident Card after 5 years if they meet the conditions. This is considered the easiest of the European citizenship programs.
The Investment immigration in Portugal program allows investors and families with non-EU citizenship to reside permanently in Portugal and freely travel to the 26 Schengen countries without applying for a visa. To obtain European residency, investors need to invest a minimum of EUR 280,000 in the categories regulated by the Portuguese government.
The conditions of the Golden Visa program 2021 – Immigration in Portugal
- Investor must be 18-year-old and above with a good judicial record;
- Proof that the investment capital has a legal origin;
- Keep the investment in the project for at least 5 years until receiving the Permanent Resident Card;
- The mandatory period for living in Portugal is 07 days in the first year and 14 days in each of the following two years;
- Apply for health insurance during your residence in Portugal
A set of documents to participate in the Golden Visa program includes:
- Applicant (investor);
- The applicant’s legal spouse;
- Children (including adopted children) with no age limit (they must be unmarried and financially dependent);
- Parents (applicant’s and spouse’s) over 65 years old or under 65 years old must demonstrate the financial dependence;
- Siblings, under the age of 18 and financially dependent on the applicant.
The requirements of the Golden Visa program 2021
- Investment: minimum 280,000 EUR in real estate in Portugal;
- Processing time: 3 months;
- Commitment to profit: at least 4%/year;
Investors need a minimum of 280,000 EUR to be able to immigrate with their family to Portugal. After 5 years of investment, the investor will be refunded 100% of the investment capital and receive additional interest and tax refund.
The advantages of the Golden Visa 2021 program – Immigration in Portugal
- Investors are entitled to resell real estate as soon as they have permanent residence cards or citizenship;
- No requirement of experience in business management or operations;
- No age, education, or language requirements;
- Residence cards are issued to investors, spouses, and children under 18 years old;
- Short duration of mandatory residing, only 07 days in the first year and 14 days every 2 years thereafter;
- The simplest application procedure compared to other programs;
- Favorable tax policy: no global income tax policy.
Note: Before January 1 2022, is the last opportunity for investors who intend to own houses/tourist rentals in the two busiest areas: Lisbon and Porto to get Portuguese immigration and Portuguese citizenship.
For more information on Portuguese immigration or other investment immigration opportunities, please contact Portico & Bridge for detailed support. Our team of more than 50 professionals worldwide is happy to assist you. Call us now at 0909.898.758
At Portico & Bridge, “Your Children, We Care”