SYNTHETIC OF FREQUENT QUESTIONS ABOUT SETTLEMENT IN GREECE
Greece is the crossroads between countries in Europe, Asia and Africa, creating many advantages in terms of economy, culture, services and tourism. The Greece passport is ranked as one of the world’s top tourist passports, allowing its holders to travel Visa-free to 180 countries and territories worldwide. Because of such many advantages, the settlement in Greece program is currently being interested by many foreign investors.
The following article will answer the 9 most popular questions about settlement in Greece that investors need to know
1. What is the Greek Golden Visa Program?
Golden Visa is briefly understood as a long-term residence card in Greece, equivalent to Greek permanent residency. The benefits are the same as those of a permanent resident. With a Golden Visa, the whole investor’s family is free to live, open a business and send their children to study in Greece.
Golden Visa Greece is a Greek immigration visa that the investor’s family will receive after about 3-6 months apply the Greek immigration investment document. After the visa expires, investors need to apply for an extension. After 7 years of residency, the investors and their family can apply for Greek citizenship (European citizenship).
2. Why is Greek citizenship so attractive to investors around the world?
Possessing Greek citizenship will bring plenty of benefits to investors such as:
- Fast processing time, only 3 – 6 months
- Get permanent residence for the whole family, including 3 generations: applicant’s parents, applicant and children (under 21 years old)
- Live and settle in Greece for a long time
- Time to enter the EU within 3 months
- Visa-free travel over 169 countries worldwide
- Have the opportunity to naturalize Greece and become a European citizen
- No language test, no business requirement
- Free medical care and preferential tuition fees
3. What are the minimum conditions to have the right to settle in Greece?
In order to have the right to settlement in Greece, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- The applicant is not a citizen of the European Union and is over 18 years old.
- Invest at least 250,000 EUR in real estate.
- The investment must be maintained for the length of time the permanent resident card is requested.
- The Greek Residence Card is renewed every 5 years as long as the property is still owned.
4. What are the conditions for possessing Greek Citizenship (EU citizenship)?
The condition to be settled in Greece is to invest a minimum of 250,000 EUR in Greece. It is not necessary for the applicant to be present in Greece at the time of investment, but may authorize a lawyer or legal representative to expedite this. The right of settlement is valid forever, renewed every 5 years, as long as the investor still owns the real estate.
5. Can my family accompany when participating in the Greek immigration program?
The Greek Golden Visa allows legal spouses, parents of spouses and children (including adopted children) under the age of 21 to accompany the application.
6. Is it possible to share the investment with another party?
Only a spouse can share the investment and jointly own assets with a total value of EUR 250,000
For other joint ownership, residency is only granted if the investment amount of each co-owner is at least EUR 250,000.
7. How long is the processing time?
Processing time is very fast, only 3-6 months
8. Is it mandatory to live in Greece?
Greece does not require investors to be present or live in Greece to maintain their permanent residency, unless they wish to apply for Greek citizenship. If you want to obtain Greek citizenship, the investor must have lived in Greece for at least 7 consecutive years, 183 days each year.
9. Will Greek citizenship expire?
Once the investor has received Greece citizenship, the whole family will enjoy the full citizenship privileges for life, and can be passed on to the next generation.
About Portico & Bridge
Portico & Bridge is a leading European immigration consultant, with more than 35 years of experience and a team of more than 50 professionals worldwide.
For more information about Greek immigration and other investment programs, please contact Portico & Bridge for detailed support.
Call us now at 0909.898.758
At PORTICO & BRIDGE, “Your Children, We Care”.