UNIVERSITY OF MALTA – A TOP RANKED UNIVERSITY FOR CHILDREN OF MALTA’S FOREIGN INVESTORS
The University of Malta is considered the oldest university of the Mediterranean area. Becoming a student of University of Malta gives you opportunities to experience the education system that closely resembles to the UK’s. In addition, you and your entire family are entitled to other great benefits when living in this stunning country island.
ABOUT MALTA UNIVERSITY
University of Malta (known as UM in short form) is one of the Europe’s oldest universities which contains brilliant quality of education as well as cutting edge teaching facilities. This university is proud to be one of the top ranked universities in the world. UM currently has fourteen faculties, 18 institutes and interdisciplinary centers. Regarding its campuses, UM has three university campuses in total and one college in addition. Its main campus is located in Msida while others are in Valletta, Marsaxlokk and Gozo.
University of Malta provides training courses of almost all the essential majors of both natural and social aspects. Some of its natural sciences and related majors are dentalmaxillofacial, construction, technology, and economics. As for social sciences and related majors, there are courses of laws, social welfare, arts, and theology. The language of instruction in UM is a 100% English. UM has two affiliated units which are the G.F. Abela Junior College and the Malta University Language School.
UM has two dormitories that are equipped with swimming pools, tennis courts and basketball courts. Besides, there are common rooms that provide entertainment services and study facilities. Each dormitory’s block is comprised of 7 – 8 bedrooms as well as kitchens and dining rooms. The dormitory fee is 1,700 – 2,100 EUR per semester which is a reasonable amount compared to that of other European countries.
Reasons to choose university of malta
University of Malta is a member of many international education organizations. Students following this university have ample opportunities to enjoy various interesting programs such as international exchange student programs or international internship program based in EU countries, Australia, Canada, China, Japan and America. Remarkable achievements
University of Malta has achieved top rankings for its high quality in education as follow:
- Top 1 best university in Malta
- Top 1099 world’s best university
- Top 25 world’s best university for game development program
- Student satisfaction rate 4.5/5.0
Learn more HERE
Practical driven learning environment and personal development opportunities
- Cutting edge facilities that provide best service for research and practice purposes
- Co-ordination between university’s research and boards of science & technology, entrepreneurs and European government projects
- Student exchange and international internship programs on an annual basis
- Extensive alumni network Europe-wide
- Campuses located in large cities with convenient transportation system
- UM’s students are recognized as dynamic and engaged via their participating in voluntary works, arts and collective activities. There are currently over 30 clubs and organizations for students of UM at its many campuses.
- The DegreePlus program provides students opportunities to get involved in voluntary activities, apart from their academic works, sports, culture, and art performance.
UM’S COURSES AND TUITION
High school level (at Ġ.F. Abela Junior College, an affiliated unit of UM)
- Sixth Form program at Junior College: Tuition of 5,900 EUR/year, IELTS 5.0 – 5.5;
- Foundation course: Tuition 5,900 EUR/year, IELTS 5.0 – 5.5;
- Mater’s foundation programme: Tuition of 5,900 EUR/year, IELTS 5.5
- High-school graduates who meet all entrance requirements by universities, and colleges in Vietnam. UM applies particular requirements on the grades of following subjects: Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Literature.
- University ofrcollege graduates (for Master’s foundation programme)
- College’s degree: tuition of 11,000 EUR/year; IELTS 5.5 with no skill under than 5.0;
- Bachelor’s degree: tuition of 11,000 – 15,000 EUR/year; IELTS overall 6.0 – writing skill 6.0 at minimum and other skills 5.5 at minimum.
- High-school graduates who meet all entrance requirements by universities, and colleges in Vietnam. GPA is 3.0 and above with grades of these following subjects being above average: Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Literature.
- Or GCE A-level, International Baccalaureate
- College certificate that is equivalent to the MQF level 4 and above
- Entrance examination (depending on the majority you apply for)
Post graduate level
- Master’s degree: tuition of 10,800 EUR – 14,400 EUR/year. IELTS 6.5 with no skill under 6.0
- Doctorate’s degree: tuition of 11,000 EUR/year, IELTS 6.5 with no skill under 6.0.
- Undergraduate’s degree or master’s degree with the classification of strong pass and above
- Entrance exams (depending on the major you apply for)
- Career history, CV
- Recommendation letters
- Research proposal (depending on the major you apply for)
CONCLUSION – University of Malta
Malta is an ideal destination for your entire family to settle in. By sending your children to Malta at their early age, they will be able to not only enjoy the education system that is of the UK standards but also form the thinking of a local which would later on help them act like a global citizen who can easily live and work at any place in the world.
Portico & Bridge is among top corporations in Europe specializing in immigration and settlement consulting services. With over 35 years of experience in the field, we have a team of over 50 experts that is ready and willing to help you out on your every stage of pursuing the settlement dream. Contact us now to learn more about available settlement by investment programs.
Call us at 0909.898.758
At PORTICO & BRIDGE, “Your Children, We Care”.